[DuoList] Dead 2400

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Thu Oct 5 14:22:41 PDT 2006

What usually brings my 2400 out of GLOD "stasis" is take the battery
out and remove AC power.  Hold the rear power button in for a minute
or more.  Apply AC power (battery still out), and hit the keyboard
power button.  Mine usually fires right up.

When my old 2400c bit the dust, I would have to leave the thing
unplugged and without battery at least over night.  Then the next
day, it would usually at least power up, but would crash during boot,
after a few minutes of use, or immediately upon waking from sleep.
It wouldn't reboot after that.

If you DO get it fired up after a GLOD situation, I would recommend
the ol' Command-Option-P-R salute in order to hopefully dump any
corrupt information in the PRAM chip.

Kyleen is right though, don't give up on it!  Even though my first
2400 eventually up and died, I bought a G3-equipped one from a list
member, used the best parts of the two, and built a really sweet
little 2400 that I use all the time.

Josh

On Oct 5, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Kyleen wrote:

> Hi I'm new to the list too!

-snip-