[DuoList] Powerbook 2400c PCMCIA eject woes...

dithomas at hkstar.com dithomas at hkstar.com
Tue May 1 15:23:57 PDT 2007

----Original Message----
From: ericrsa2004 at yahoo.com
Date: 02/05/2007 0:55
To: <DuoList at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
Subj: [DuoList] Powerbook 2400c PCMCIA eject woes...

Hello everyone...

I have a sweet little Powerbook 2400c that I got off
of eBay earlier this year.  One of the PCMCIA "eject"
buttons didn't work...and now the other has stopped
working. Its not a big deal for the bigger cards,
because I can just pull them out.
But for flash memory and such its a pain to get them
out without the eject button.
Any ideas...is there a quick fix?

Thanks
Eric

ps: I have tried dragging them to trash & control
clicking to eject them as well.

The 2400 does not have eject buttons. It does have the dreaded holes and every
2400 owner should have the essential tool for the purpose. Take a standard
paper clip and 'unfold' a long end. Now poke the straight portion of the
paper clip into the hole. You have to make sure that you hit the 'striker'
at the right angle and then it is a matter of brute force.

However, it is not a long term solution and it looks as though you will have
to replace the PCMCA cage.

Regards,

Ian Thomas.