[DuoList] Re: Duos for Donation

Rich Bussone rich at daniellefineart.com
Fri Oct 12 11:31:52 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: duolist-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
[mailto:duolist-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com] On Behalf Of
Rich Bussone
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:03 PM
To: duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Subject: [DuoList] duo's for donation

Hi

I have two duo's that I need to get rid of.  I would like to donate them
to anyone willing to pay postage, but I would like to do a clean install
or somehow erase the drives.  Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

Thanks

Rich

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:06:23 -0500
Jeff Mendoza" <jefflmendoza at gmail.com>
wrote:

You could always download the System 7.5.3 disks. Read more here:
http://www.lowendmac.com/macos.shtml

On 9/22/07, Clark Martin <cmmac at sonic.net> wrote:

> At 1:32 PM -0400 9/22/07, Rich Bussone wrote:
>
>> The only o/s install disks I have are in CD's.  I only have a floppy
>> drive on the duo dock.  I do have a Power pc 6100/60 AV that I am
>> also planning to donate with an external SCSI drive, but I don't
>> have a notebook SCSI cable. I do have a duo dock and ethernet, but
>> neither the Power PC or the duo will connect. I don't recall the
>> exact error message but it said that somehow that the system was not
>> compatible with the ethernet. I think they are running on system 8
>> and the newer computers are on system 10.4.  Is there some way I can
>> make them compatable?
>>

> It's likely you need to updated the AFP driver:
>
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58523>
>
> It's for OS 8.1 and up but has notes about other versions.
> --
> Clark Martin
> Redwood City, CA, USA
> Macintosh / Internet Consulting

Sorry for the mis-posting earlier.  I hope this is the correct
format.  I found the sites for both the system 7.5.3 and the one for
the Apple share client 3.8, but now I seem to be having problems
downloading them to floppy disks or to CD's.  I am downloading them
on my iMac.  If I burn a CD the power mac can't read it.  If I
download the floppys they are 1.4mb. They fit on the floppys if they
are in dos format, but they won't open on the power mac or the duos.
if I convert them to Mac OS Standard there is only 1.2mb available
and the information won't fit.  What am I missing here?

Rich