[DuoList] Re: Duos for Donation

BOB No grizzlygiant1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 13 00:16:50 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Rich Bussone wrote:

> [...]

Hello Rich:

The PowerMac CD ROM (-R, etc.) or the burning software might be
having problems.  What burning software (version, OS version, etc.)
are you using?  I suggest trying to fix the CD problem first, since
that will satisfy your original intent and future CD/DVD exchange
issues.

Can the iMac read its' own CD/DVDs?
Can the burned CDs be mounted at all on the PM?
In _my_ experience, some older PMs, such as the 6100-9600s, have
original CD drives that don't read CD-RWs, .  I had to use CD-Rs in
that situation.

Next suggestion:

USB drives are cheap, USB cards for old PowerMacs are cheap.  You can
use the $5-7 ADS technologies card (I bought the same one for $50 six
years ago) from Newegg or your local computer electronics store in
your 6100 if you have the Apple USB drivers loaded.  You may have to
leave the case cover off while you do it.

If this doesn't help, keep feeding us data, and we'll keep trying.

Grizzled giant