[DuoList] CF Hard Drive in 2400

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Tue Dec 2 04:35:31 PST 2008

There are other things I'd rather do, but other than being tedious and
having to be really methodically in keeping track of the screws and
order of disassembly, using any of the guides on the net it's not too
bad.

  If you are going in you might as well think about RAM and even G3
upgrade if you can find one.

On Dec 2, 2008, at 6:02 AM, Noah Wood wrote:

> I have a 2400 and I've been really thinking of buying this:
> http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/ad44midecf.asp
> (the single slot) to replace that noisy HD that's in my 2400 already.
> Had anyone tried this or have experience with this in another laptop?
> LEM had an article about this to replace the HD in a 1400, it's
> significantly easier to replace the HD in the 1400 vs the 2400.  Is
> getting to the HD in the 2400 not something for the faint of heart or
> would I be okay doing it?

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

PB2400c/G3-320/112MB/80MB HD/Yu-Plan Keyboard
mac2400 http://www.sarofax.com/mac2400/index2.html
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.