[DuoList] WTB: 2400c G3 Upgrade Card

daniel brunk river96b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 09:25:19 PST 2008

Currently there is a 320 MHz G3 processor on ebay, but it's heinously expensive.  There is also a 240 603e card by the same seller.  (For the record, I am not associated with this seller in any way, just providing information.)  I have a 320 MHz card in my Comet and it's fairly zippy.  I bought it with a 240 G3 and later upgraded to the 320 after the 240 failed, so I'm not sure how it compares to the original 603e processor.  I'm running 9.2.2.

It may have been the same seller, but last week there was a killer 2400c on ebay with 112 MB of RAM, wireless, yu-plan keyboard. and either a 320 or 400 G3 card.  Only thing it lacked was an upgraded hard drive (it still had the original 1.3 GB drive) and it made no mention of being cardbus-enabled.  It was a total steal with a buy-it--now of $250.  It was a paypal-only auction, and I don't have paypal, or I would have definitely snatched it up...

ebay sites:
320 G3  card ($228):  http://tinyurl.com/398p24
240 603e card ($98):  http://tinyurl.com/2mewhs