[DuoList] Powerbook duo 2300c Hard Drive issues

Sis, Joseph C Jr 1LT NG NG NGB joseph.sis at us.army.mil
Thu Jan 24 19:54:37 PST 2008

I don't think that is the issue.  The "official" maximum OS on my
Powerbook 2400c and my PowerMac 6500 are both 9.1.  However 9.2.2
installed via OS9 Helper works great on both of those machines.

In this case the Duo is not even recognizing the hard drive during
startup.  I can hear the HD spin up briefly and then immediately the
blinking disc icon comes up.  I suspect the 2400 may require a unique
HD driver, because when I put a new HD in the 2400 it had to be
reformatted by the 2400 in order to work.

I could reformat this HD in the 2300, but I am reluctant to do so.
Also, it may not be possible, as when I use Disk Tools on the floppy
- it cannot 'see' the internal 1.13G HD.

Thanks,

joe