[DuoList] PB 2400 SCSI Boot

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 18:32:30 PST 2008

I vaguely remember the 2400 will only boot from a CD-ROM drive with
the Apple firmware, i.e., an Apple CD drive.  That's why I hung on to
mine.

See if you can boot from a floppy or other drive and then read the CD
drive.

On Jan 28, 2008, at 8:18 PM, Noah Wood wrote:

> I have an external SCSI cd-rom drive which the 2400 refuses to boot
> from, I have the drive set to "0" and the terminator and everything.
> I recently wiped the HD clean and want to install I was able to boot
> from the disk tools floppy via the floppy drive, but no luck on the
> CD-ROM.  Any ideas?

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

PB2400c/G3-320/112MB/80MB HD/Yu-Plan Keyboard
mac2400 http://www.sarofax.com/mac2400/index2.html
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site