[DuoList] re: 2300c Hard drive issues

Sis, Joseph C Jr 1LT NG NG NGB joseph.sis at us.army.mil
Mon Jan 28 22:25:46 PST 2008

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:57:32 -0800
From: Josh Keady <joshkeady at msn.com>
Subject: Re: [DuoList] Powerbook duo 2300c Hard Drive issues
To: "A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable computers."
	<duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

There's no chance that you damaged the drive's ribbon cable when you
installed it, is there?

Josh
----

Thanks Josh, I also got that tip from [kby] off-list.  That indeed
was probably the source of the problem.  I swapped out the cable for
a REV B and also removed the jumper pin that was on the drive when it
was in the 2400c.  That did it and the 2300c recognized the HD.

I installed OS 8 and then setup an old Asante EN/SC SCSI Ethernet
adaptor - next thing you know I was surfing the web.

My next goal is to try and get the 2300c up to OS 9.2.2 like the 2400c.

Thanks duo listers!

joe