[DuoList] PB 2400 SCSI Boot

Noah Wood mr.noah.wood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:47:09 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 9:32 PM, Ralph Mawyer <mac2400 at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I vaguely remember the 2400 will only boot from a CD-ROM drive with
> the Apple firmware, i.e., an Apple CD drive.  That's why I hung on to
> mine.
>
> See if you can boot from a floppy or other drive and then read the CD
> drive.

Thanks, I had a feeling that might of had something to do with it.  I
was able to get it to boot, but in an indirect manor.  After booting
from an old PCMCIA external HD (8.6 on it) I was able to install the
cdrom drivers and set startup disk to boot from it.  Sometimes that
worked and other times it didn't.  Now that I installed the OS,
however, it's not a big deal to boot.  This is my first PB 2400 and
it's hard not having the drives build-in.

--
PowerBook G3 333MHz