[DuoList] Cannibalizing a 2400 to upgrade another

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Sun Nov 23 22:59:59 PST 2008

You will get that cache message with the boot CD because the software
doesn't know about the G3's onboard cache.  I don't know that the
freeze at the end was caused by the card, but you can ignore error
message and proceed normally if you are working without the G3
software on your boot disk.

When I've seen G3-upgraded 2400s hanging a lot it's either because of
a bad proc. card or bad / flaky memory.  Memory seems to be the most
frequent cause (this goes for desktop Macs pushed from 60x to G3
technology, too) of hard freeze issues.

Good luck,

Josh