[DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

AGF idmail at gawab.com
Sat Mar 28 07:36:12 PDT 2009

My PB2400c work without of PRAM battery

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hung Doan
  To: duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
  Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 9:55 PM
  Subject: [DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

  So after all my complaints and pouting, I'm back on track trying to get this 2400c working.

  Good news: I got a new Powerboard and it seemed to help my 2400c for a bit. Whenever I put my Comet to sleep, it'd wake up ready to work and the battery fully works and all.

  Bad news: After leaving it unplugged for one week, it won't power on anymore. I do PMU reset (holding the button in the back) overnight (not me, I used an object and fixed it against a book) and it still doesn't power up.

  Ugly: I thought I'd take out the battery and leave the plug in and power on. Instead it sounds like it wants to turn on but it buzzes for a few seconds, then fails to do anything.

  What's going on? I think the Backup battery is tanked but shouldn't the Powerbook battery still charge? I think the machine is confused about how to charge and the battery is not charging. Any advice/thoughts?

  It doesn't have enough power to even get to GLOD I think :-) Anyhow any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

  Hung Doan