[DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, II

Hung Doan hqdoan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 21:22:44 PDT 2009

To all who responded about my PB 2400c.

Haha, after unplugging the PRAM battery, it totally goes into GLOD. Worse
yet, I try all the steps that Ryan suggested, and instead of even allowing
me any chance of turning it on, I release the reset button with the battery
or with the AC power in, it gives me GLOD. Specifically, it's emitting a
weird buzzing/whistle that I can only attribute to a feeble attempt at
making a startup chime, which then descends into silence and then the GLOD.

I thought it might be the SMT fuses, I checked the 14 F_ labelled fuses (I
was told these were the SMT fuses) and all seem to be doing well, according
to my multi-meter.

I don't know what else to do, so I just left it disassembled in anti-static
bags and hoping that the PMU will just chillout for a few days. Any other
suggestions?