[DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, II

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Sun May 3 15:13:20 PDT 2009

Any movement here?

Ryan

________________________________
From: Hung Doan <hqdoan at gmail.com>
To: duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:22:44 PM
Subject: [DuoList] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, II

To all who responded about my PB 2400c.

Haha, after unplugging the PRAM battery, it totally goes into GLOD. Worse yet, I try all the steps that Ryan suggested, and instead of even allowing me any chance of turning it on, I release the reset button with the battery or with the AC power in, it gives me GLOD. Specifically, it's emitting a weird buzzing/whistle that I can only attribute to a feeble attempt at making a startup chime, which then descends into silence and then the GLOD.

I thought it might be the SMT fuses, I checked the 14 F_ labelled fuses (I was told these were the SMT fuses) and all seem to be doing well, according to my multi-meter.

I don't know what else to do, so I just left it disassembled in anti-static bags and hoping that the PMU will just chillout for a few days. Any other suggestions?