[DuoList] OSX on 2400

dijkwel at aol.com dijkwel at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 02:39:55 PDT 2010

Hi all,

And now for something completely different....

Just dug up the old 2400c/180/112: to my delight it booted up immediately (OS 8.6). I then did a fresh install of 9.1 using an Apple external CD-ROM drive (600e), downloaded Xpostfacto 2.2 and, using that, tried to install OS 10.1. Everything seemed to be going well, the timer read less than a minute left, cleaning up was underway and then.....nothing and finally a panic message. Looked like something was being looked for without result.

When I retried, the same sequence of events with a similar result, irrespective of whether I tried installing OS 10.0.3  or  10.1.

What to do????Or is it just plainly impossible to do an install without a G3-upgrade.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Peter