[DuoList] Looking for 2300c Accessories (Again, sorry)

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sat Feb 27 20:55:52 PST 2010

On 2/28/10 2:55 AM, Keegan van der Laag wrote:
> Fair enough, Clark - thanks for the insight. You're probably right. The
> next best choice then, in my opinion, would be to cannibalize a
> MicroDock, since it stands the best chance of retaining portability if
> you were to re-use some or all of the housing. Do any forum members have
> any insight as to which peripheral might be the best to use in terms of
> availability? The last thing one would want to do is cannibalize
> something working which is extremely difficult to find, or particularly
> useful - an Ethernet MicroDock comes to mind, even though it would be
> best for the purposes I'm thinking of. Perhaps a Floppy Adapter? I would
> suspect that there would have been a larger number of them made than
> most other peripherals.
>
> On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have a parts 2300(c) or a
> bottom case? Despite trying to be careful, the clips that hold the top
> case to it near the trackpad button were old and brittle, and broke
> during disassembly. Worst case, I'll epoxy some new plastic in where the
> top of the clip broke off, but a replacement would be dandy.

Have you checked e-Bay for busted DuoDocks or MicroDocks?  I have no
ideahow many docks are available much less how many defective ones but
it's worth a shot.

BTW, it really helps if you quote the message you are responding to.  I
get about 500 messages a day and I simply don't remember who wrote what
yesterday, or this morning.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA