[DuoList] A PPC yarn....

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sat Jan 16 20:38:25 PST 2010

On 1/16/10 6:06 PM, coccorp at aol.com wrote:

> Saturday night!  Football!
>
> ...plus, me getting a Lombard ready for a friend who is computer-less right
> now.
>
> I quickly realize that the machine, if it is to play DVD movies, would be
> best served running Classic(!), as the Lombard's DVD hardware does not work
> with OSX supposedly...

According to what mis-informed source?  I ran a Lombard on Panther for
several years without any problem.  With a trick or two you can load
Tiger on it and AFAIK it should run even better.

Classic by the way is OS 9 running UNDER OS X (as a process within X).
OS 9 is the proper term for running booting and running OS 9 by itself.

If this laptop is to be used on the Internet you should definitely put X
on it.  Explorer and NetScrape barely function on many sites, on some
not at all.  While under Tiger you can use Safari 4 which is the latest
version.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA