[DuoList] A PPC yarn....

coccorp at aol.com coccorp at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 18:06:57 PST 2010

Saturday night!  Football!

...plus, me getting a Lombard ready for a friend who is computer-less right
now.

I quickly realize that the machine, if it is to play DVD movies, would be
best served running Classic(!), as the Lombard's DVD hardware does not work
with OSX supposedly...

So as I setup my friend's machine, I realize that the OSX feature of
switching desktop pics is something I think she would like, but it's not
built-into classic... what to do, what to do...???

..Oh!  The app called "Decor'" -- I remember that... the app on Classic
that allowed you to set the desktops to change at a predesignated rate.  Yes.
Now, where to find it?

The download site seems to have an issue -- Expander is warning me it is
corrupted.  Oh well, I... wait; didn't I have it on a machine of mine at one
time?  Yeah, my 2400c I think...

So, I go into the basement where my Mac Museum resides (Powerbook 550c, 540
w/ touchscreen, tablet laptop based on the Powerbook 5300, tablet based on
the iBook clamshell -- but I digress!) and I pull out the 2400c.  After all
these years -- and it has been about a year since I used it(!) -- it still,
STILL!, looks tiny, tiny!!  These days I mostly use my Titanium as a daily
machine, so I am used to seeing a big silver plank daily.

Sure, the modern netbooks have it on thin-ness, but the 2400c's thickness
makes it seem more substancial to me!  It STILL looks great!

I crank it up, and ...oh, whatthe hell!  LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED!  Let's see how
many seconds the battery lasts...

Well, I have typed this entire e-mail while using it unplugged -- for about
45 minutes now! -- and it is still going strong... wow!  I THINK I'M TAKING
THIS TO WORK (Daystar Technology/Suwanee, GA) on Monday!  ;-)\

Oh yeah... "Decor" -- I think it's on the 2300c(!) actually... time to heat
THAT one up now, but I think I'll KEEP IT PLUGEED IN!

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
"If you go to war you have already lost"
---Shogun Tokugawa

...from a 2400c/G3 320mhz WiFi'd by Orinoco</HTML>