[DuoList] 2300c Hard Drive Woes

Keegan van der Laag kvanderlaag at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 02:38:23 PDT 2010

When I was originally trying to install 7.5.3 from DT2, Disk First Aid
and Drive Setup were both perfectly happy to recognize the original hard
drive.

I found the 8.1 Disk Tools image (Disk_Tools_PPC.img) but I'm having a
hell of a time getting it to write to a floppy. Bluescreens on the
windows machine when it tries to access the image (using TransMac), I'm
almost wondering if it's not corrupted. I've downloaded it from a couple
sources, and both of them do the same thing. When placed into the SE/30,
the floppy in question is seen as not being recognizable - when one
tries to initialize it, the system throws an Error 11 and restarts.
Curiouser and curiouser.