[DuoList] 2300c Hard Drive Woes

Keegan van der Laag kvanderlaag at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:25:05 PDT 2010

Thanks for the ideas, Clark - the 2300c recognizes the old drive, and
actually after a lot of fiddling (with the 8.1 PPC Disk Tools disk I got
to image, finally) and some playing with the 2300c-enabled DT2 disk I
have, I DID manage to get a System Folder on the HDD and blessed. It was
not pretty, but it works. I'm in the process, currently, of trying to
get all the 7.5.3 installer files onto the HDD so I can do a full
install and then upgrade to 7.5.5.

Really, though, what I need is a SCSI CD drive so I can install either
7.6 or 8.1. Also, I'm still curious why this 2300c seems to be so picky
about ATA drives - all I want is a 2+ GB HDD for this thing, but at this
point, I don't even know what to buy.

I had a few people offer me SCSI/ADB mini-docks - anyone still want to
sell me one?