[DuoList] PowerBook 2400c booting external CD-ROM

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Thu Mar 25 14:19:44 PDT 2010

On 3/25/10 2:02 PM, Ward Curry wrote:
> The connector has 30 pins. It's a dark grey Apple SCSI cable (to
> Centronics 50 female). That means it's a SCSI dock mode cable. Is there
> any way to adapt the cable so that it will work as a standard SCSI cable?

You could bust the pin off.  I don't know which corner off hand, you
might find a picture on the web (a quick search didn't yield anything).
  If you do break the pin and it's the wrong one, the cable is only
suitable for recycling.

If you have another Mac with SCSI you could do what you need that way.
An OS 9 is a bit tricky this way, you need to do a custom install and
select "Install for any Mac" or something to that effect.  This makes
sure that all the elements for a PB2400c are installed.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA