Firewire Formatting Utilities

DaleH dhoff at margnat.com
Tue Dec 3 07:53:19 PST 2002

Back in the SCSI days before Apple's Drive Setup recognized 3rd party
drives, I used FWB's Hard Disk Toolkit on everything that was
external and SCSI.

Now I have Firewire drives from half a dozen sources asking me to to
format with the distributor's tool of choice - Lacie Silverlining,
Charismac Anubis Utility, APS PowerTools, Intech SpeedTools - each of
which requires installing their own Firewire Support extension to
allow formatting.

I'd like to be able to format all of my Firewire drives with one
utility. Since FWB is slow on answering via email, I'd like some user
feedback on whether other utilities might work on all Firewire/USB
devices.

DaleH