[FW] Who makes a good drive and/or case

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 16:06:04 PDT 2004

On Oct 25, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2004, at 3:50 PM, jd c wrote:
>
>> you should be able to see the chip and the number on the chip inside
>> the enclosure
>> if it is an Ox911 chip, you can try flashing the firmware on the
>> board (you should be able to get the firmware from OWC, or you can
>> check sites like fwdepot.com for the Oxford utility)
>
> Thanks - I will try that right now. Certainly worth a shot.

Well, great idea, and good general info to know. But unfortunately it
didn't help. I finally went with a Hiro with a 911 chipset, which
should arrive in a few days, so time will tell what part is hosed.

When I talked to ProMax, I asked them specifically if there's some sort
of "driver" I can try to update, and they said no. I guess they figure
their average customer is not up to that task.

SR