[FW] Trouble with Firewire on External Enclosure with serial ata

jeff chasick jchasick at mac.com
Tue Jan 4 09:48:25 PST 2005

ok, that helps

if it is a 1394a device, then it should be an Oxford 911 chip

if it is a 1394b device, then it is either an Oxford 912 or 922 chip

download the following

http://fwdepot.com/firewiredepot/oxford922/922_updater_Mac.sit

the instructions for use can be found at

http://fwdepot.com/firewiredepot/firmware/firmware.html

-disconnect all firewire devices from your machine
-connect only the enclosure you are working with
-download and launch the utility

it will auto-sense the device connected and it should show you the
firmware version installed on the chip

what is it?  v3.8 (older or newer)??