Zap PRAM

Dwight Cendrowski dwight at cendrowski.com
Wed Dec 4 06:02:31 PST 2002

A friend of mine accidentally played with my unit (actually a iMac DV
400se). This is what he did:
- pressed down the programmer's swtich while pressing the power on switch.
>From my understanding, this is only used for updating firmware. But the
thing is, there was no firmware file update loaded.

It did work. After typing reset-all the OS boot properly to OS9. But after I
restarted the unit, the open firmware came back with the terminal window. I
type "reset-all" again..but now, it doesn't want to boot properly anymore.
What are the causes? Defective motherboard? Ram?
Brian Michael Lim
Principal / EchoGrafika

Brian,

When this same thing happened to me, I was advised to zap the PRAM.  Once I
did that, everything went back to normal operation.
Dwight Cendrowski
Dwight Cendrowski Photography LLC
2870 Easy St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-6532