[G4] Boot ROM failure

Dieder Bylsma TheMacGuy at spacemoo.com
Wed Dec 4 10:43:10 PST 2002

>It did work. After typing reset-all the OS boot properly to OS9. But after I
>restarted the unit, the open firmware came back with the terminal window. I
>type "reset-all" again..but now, it doesn't want to boot properly anymore.
>What are the causes? Defective motherboard? Ram?

well do the 'reset-all' thing and then set your startup disk to
whatever OS you want it to use. Are you saying you're still in the
'open firmware' prompt?

is your iMac's firmware up to date?

(if not, it might be an idea to update it)

>Also, this iMac of mine is experiencing a predominant red tint. But if I
>plugged it to an external Monitor, everything seems fine. What could be the
>problem? I hope it's not a motherboard issue

this would be a hardware issue that is likely as not unrelated to the
other issue (open firmware). First get the computer up'n'running,
then see if you can fiddle with the monitor.

Dieder