[G4] Boot ROM failure

CJ Scaminaci anubisman at appleisp.net
Wed Dec 4 12:23:19 PST 2002

 From my understanding this shouldn't do anything with the firmware. I
have had this problem on my PowerMacG4 before too. What you should try
is 1.Boot from a CD and see if you can repair it. 2.If that doesn't
work if you have OS9 loaded on the machine hold down the option key on
bootup it will automatically boot from OS9. 3. Zap the pram (always
helps for me) 4. If you do get it running in MacOSX you may want to
test your RAM try a nifty MacOSX native memory test I have found. Works
great right off the command line. http://www.appleisp.net/~frisky Full
instructions and everything. Always good to have :-)

CJ