[G4] Boot Problem with GeForce3 and G4 800 Upgrade

Richard Smykla rsmykla at pipeline.com
Sat Dec 7 14:30:24 PST 2002

David,

Assuming the G4 is from a Quicksilver 800:

I know both of these machines use the same bus speed, but perhaps you
have to set the multiplier jumpers to accomodate the different
processor. I'd check the xlr8yourmac Web site for G4 upgrade
information - these kinds of details are covered.

You say it was working for the seller's DA G4? Graphics card conflict
seems unlikely, but worth trying another card I suppose. HTH.

Rick

--
Rick Smykla
http://rsmykla.home.pipeline.com/index.htm