[G4] Boot Problem with GeForce3 and G4 800 Upgrade

Vernon LeMoignan arrow at oanet.com
Sat Dec 7 16:28:31 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 05:06  PM, David M. Ensteness wrote:

> I thought that might be the case but the processor card snaps in
> tightly and I have tried reseating it a number of times.
>
> The G4 boots up and runs as normal as soon as I replace the 800 with
> the OEM 466.
>
> David

> http://www.osxfaq.com

try it with the other video card, and check to make sure none of the
pins are bent on
the processor card.

I did the same upgrade but was able to find a DA 733Mhz card. I had no
problems  at
all. Everything I've read indicates the quick silver card should work.

I think the QS card was larger and had an extra hole for an additional
standoff. Maybe make
sure that that there isn't extra pressure flexing the card because of
the lack of the extra standoff
for support.

Also check that the heat sink clips are on correctly and not shorting
something out.

vern.