[G4] Radeon Keeps Me From Booting

CJ Scaminaci anubisman at appleisp.net
Sat Dec 7 16:31:00 PST 2002

> Otherwise, I would suggest:
>
> 1. Remove ATTO SCSI card.
> 2. Move Radeon card to different PCI socket.
> 3. Remove hub from connection.
> 4. Change connection socket of hub.
> 5. Re-arrange all PCI cards.
> 6. Try Radeon card in different Mac.

Well i've tried removing all cards and we have drive activity. When we
insert the Radeon card alone it has no drive activity. As to the 3 PCI
slots being supported it's because the XLR8 upgrade card was 6 Slot
Edition. The Sonnet upgrade doesn't support all six slots. (Or that's
at least what they say) I've tried the Radeon in my PowerMac7200
upgraded with a Sonnet G4 upgrade card and everything works great.
Nothing adds up. Right now the XClaim 3DPro works great but is only 8MB
of VRAM.

CJ