[G4] help an idiot

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 10 19:43:50 PST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Margaret Krakowiak wrote:

> I turned it upside down, let it dry overnight - it wasn't a whole

Overnight isn't necessarily long enough - some of those spaces are tight
enough that water can't evaporate quickly.  If you have a can of
compressed air, try blowing a bunch of it through the keyboard.  Other
than that, put your keyboard in front of a fan for a day or two.  That
should hopefully help.
	Keep it out of direct sunlight to prevent melting, though. ;-)

> to try and get inside the keyboard and try and clean off the key
> contacts? It's the Apple etended keyboard that came with my G4 - yes, I

It's not easy, and I wouldn't recommend it - putting the keyboard back
together can be more of a hassle than one might imagine.
	Give it a few more days in front of the fan (hopefully you can
live without it for that long) and see what happens.  If it's still not
fixed by then, write back. =)

Laters...
						--- Amir