[G4] RealAudio capture

Crazy Miz B of the Crazed Cowboys paula at crazedcowboys.com
Fri Dec 20 13:06:06 PST 2002

on 12/3/02 9:24 AM, John Erdman at jperdman at earthlink.net wrote:
> I have been looking for a way to
> capture a RealAudio file and ultimately convert it to MP3.  Is there a way
> to do that on my G4?
>
> I tried using the Windows oriented recorder found at
> http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com
>
> But alas, the Dell laptop I was using had no peecee sound card which
> apparently is required. Otherwise it looks as if that kind of app would do
> the trick.
> Has a comparable recorder for MacOS become available?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Geeez, I sure hope not...or we musicians will really be down shit creek! I
hate Real Audio, but at least we're not GIVING away our full albums that
cost a lot of money to have made! I like to make some mp3 files available,
and more on RA, so folks can sample before buying...but Lordy!

We spend a fortune on gear, materials, instruments, studio stuff, tons
more--for the opportunity to make music...it kinda hurts when there's not a
reason in the world for somebody to buy it, even if they really, really like
it!

Of course---there are those who, like me--don't copy software either! Time
will tell...

Sorry if I'm ranting!

Paula

George Lee, Jr. and the Crazed Cowboys
A wild, zany, crazed group of people known as the Crazed Cowboys offer up
their rock/pop/country music, their wit, their dignity and their hearts to
you--the beloved visitor. Drop in and meet them! Great music and loads of
hilarious fun!!       http://www.crazedcowboys.com