[G4] G4 fan noise cure

RH dv at on101.com
Sat Dec 21 09:17:25 PST 2002

Hi. Brand new to your list. Just discovered it after Google search. Just
FYI, there is a "G4 Noise" group (linking 14 countries, about 300 people )
dedicated to solving the fan noise and audio him issues of the G4-MDD line.
Good photo illustrations, plus sprectral frequency analysis of which
components are causing which noises. People have tried various fans and
report their findings.

Website: http://www.G4noise.com (slowly building; see the 2 videos from
users)

My posting is not to dilute this venue. But this issue is so important to
the present and future of Apple that it's a worthy complement to this
group;s more broad focus. Lastly, we are not at all anti-Mac. We have all
had Macs for many years, some since 1984... and these are just plain loud
(SOME machines) and cause headaches in people, with their high frequency
whine. To be brief here, we have tracked down Delta Fans, Acbel and Samsung
power Supply companies, we have deconstructed the issues -- and the
preliminary conclusion is (1) they have major quality control issues, (2)
the case design was not acoustically engineered, (3) Apple is officially in
denial becaise they are in midst of their massively marketed switch
campaign.

Last thing: there is an online petition we startedm which we will presnet to
the top execs at Apple, along with a database of our Case #s, and the widely
varying way that AppleCare has responded to our problems. Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/applemdd/petition.html

Happy holidays all,
Richard
dv at on101.com