[G4] G4 fan noise cure

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sat Dec 21 09:35:21 PST 2002

how loud are these new G4's? my QS is far louder than my IIci was....
but i the PIII 933 system i have at work beats them all
exponentially-its definitely the loudest computer i have ever heard. i
think 3/4 of the noise is simply wind noise (rather than mechanical
noise) caused by the bad airflow design of the case.. then again, the
computer noise is nothing compared to the power supply noise of my
zeiss 455 camera  -; )

certainly i believe the new macs are probably pretty loud, but are they
any worse than the competition?? ...i know the G4 chips run much much
cooler than intel or AMDs chips...

peace
sandor