Weird Jaguar restart problem.

Tim Allen tim at dailynail.co.uk
Sun Dec 22 02:54:31 PST 2002

Hi

I've got a 2 year old G4 (AGP graphics and gigabit ethernet model). Since
upgrading to OS X 10.2 Jaguar after a few minutes of use the Mac just
restarts without warning. It never did this in OS X up to 10.1.5. I removed
the Adaptec 2930 SCSI card thinking it might the problem but it still does
it. I was browsing a site and it just restarted all on its own. The only
other card in the Mac is a Formac ProFormance graphics card that drives my
second monitor. The Mac has 640mb RAM and all other components are standard.
It runs OS9 for days on end without problems and whenever I used previous OS
X versions it was also quite happy.

Do I try pulling the graphics card or has anyone else had this problem? Any
help would be appreciated as I would be swapping to OS X full time soon if I
could solve this.

Tim Allen.

"WOPR - now there's a computer..."