[G4] Old monitor, new Mac

DaleH dhoff at margnat.com
Wed Nov 27 07:57:23 PST 2002

>  >>
>>  What adapter have you found that mates the old Mac DB15 male to the
>>  new VGA HD15 female?
>>
>>  DaleH
>
>I am not sure what it is.  It was just one of the adapters I had lying
>around from my previous Macintoshes. Nothing special certainly.  I'll see
>whether I can find out what the part number is.
>
>Aydin

I have plenty of the adapters which mate new monitors to the old
Macs, but have seriously searched electronics catalogs like Black Box
to no avail for a way to connect older DB15 connector monitors with
the newer VGA compliant Macs. VGA monitor adapters for use with older
Macs have the DB15 (male) connector on one end which connects to the
older Mac, and the smaller HD15 (female) connector on the other end
into which the newer VGA monitor is plugged.
Dale