[G4] FTP

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Nov 28 06:24:46 PST 2002

>Do the files I want to share through OS X's FTP software have to be on
>my OS X HD, or is there a way to select specific files from other HD's?

As long as it's mounted, they can have access to it (if you allow it).

And in case you didn't know, your FTP server can be accessed with a regular
web browser by the people you give accounts to, via <ftp://your ip
address>.

You can also share your files via the world wide web if you put the files
in your Sites folder (you can't have any files named "index.html" in the
folder tho). How this differs from FTP is that *anyone* can have access to
the files, not just account holders. The URL for this would be <www.your IP
address/~your account name/>

BTW I'm not smart, I just happen to be reading up on the subject :-)

Rick