[G4] 2002 Quicksilver - adding second hard drive

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Tue Apr 1 17:00:38 PST 2003

Mike,
Since Unix uses many invisible files and hard file links (think aliases
that must be in the correct file path), you can't just copy an OS
installation like you used to be able to with OS 9. I haven't
personally used CC Cloner, but everyone swears by it. Can you describe
your problems a little more so we can figure out what is going wrong?
What kind of library problems are you having?
You can do a fresh install to the new drive (many people would
recommend that), create a user and copy your user library and documents
into it, then run the permissions repair from Disk Utility. That should
preserve most of your settings and a fresh install is reported to
improve speed over an upgraded installation.
Mel