busted audio-in port

Cameron Kaiser spectre at stockholm.ptloma.edu
Wed Apr 2 18:03:46 PST 2003

Not four months old, and I've already busted someting on my dual 1.25GHz G4
-- while opening the case today, I forgot about the large connector I have in
the audio in port, and with a tug opened up the G4 case and snapped loose
the audio-in jack sleeve as the case hit the side of the workbench so that
the connector now wobbles helplessly within.

Some desperate cursing and application of indiscriminate amounts of epoxy
and SuperGlue have not improved the situation.

The connector seems to work fine if I hold the plug steady, but I'm still
very angry. No doubt this isn't covered by the standard 1-year warranty,
so does anyone know how much it will cost to fix this? I should think it
would be as simple as taking the connector block off the motherboard and
soldering a new one on, but this is Apple, after all.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser at stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- I'm a dyslexic amateur orthinologist. I just love word-botching. -----------