[G4] busted audio-in port

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Wed Apr 2 18:50:56 PST 2003

Cameron,
Not to seem unsympathetic to your plight, but I don't think Dell or HP
would approach this any differently. It's just not cost-effective to
stock board-level replacement parts for rare occurrences like this.
Your best bet is to take your soldering iron (or let someone you trust
do it) and replace it yourself. Just be careful not to overheat the
board. I doubt the part is expensive; Allied or Industrial Electronics
probably has them or could order them for you. The cost will be in the
labor, not the part. You just need to find one that matches the hole
pattern and size.
Mel