[G4] Upgrading a Sawtooth

lavode at attbi.com lavode at attbi.com
Mon Apr 14 14:09:20 PDT 2003

> on 4/14/03 2:31 PM, Alberto de Leon wrote:
>
> > Hi!... for years many people had upgrade old machines; (Even Me) and my
> > advice (and about a hundred more people) is do not do it!!!
>
> To which Miller, Rich at RMiller at hbi.com wrote:
>
> > i couldn't agree LESS.
>
> To which Alberto de Leon replied:
>
> OOOOOOHHHH sorry!!!!! But Macintosh is very EXPENSIVE...and if you want to
> live older days keep on going... but better Go PC´s

Rich and Alberto, I appreciate the advice, but there are two things which I do
NOT want to discuss here:
1.  Macs vs. PCs
2.  Whether to upgrade or not.

Please do not discuss these issues under this topic, and limit your comments to
answering the actual questions, which were:

1.  Does the Sawtooth accept a 2nd video card and its drivers without problem
or driver conflicts?
2.  What are the requirements for replacing the internal CD-ROM? Can it be any
old ATA drive, or does it have to have certain specs?
3.  Is the mobo upgradable to a more current board?

Thanks,
Lavode