[G4] OS X update

Jim and Micky Richter richterboys at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 07:33:47 PDT 2003

I have just the opposite opinion of 10.2.5.  I upgraded from a 450
Sawtooth last August to a Dual 867 Mirror Drive door.  Since that time
I've had nothing but problems with software updates.  At 10.2.3 I lost
use of my Firewire ports, until I reset the CUDA switch on the
motherboard.  At 10.2.4, I lost my SuperDrive while in OSX  (I have a
Combo drive in the first drive bay and a Superdrive in the second) and
my clock would always reset to 12/31/68 everytime I turned off the
computer.  I knew both of these were software issues since I had no
problems with either of these if I booted to OS9.2.

With hesitance I updated to 10.2.5 three or four days ago and I finally
have this Mac operating bug-free.  I know there were many dual
processor owners with comparable problems, so maybe this was the focus
of their update, much to the chagrin of other mac owners.

Jim