Microphone for G4 Mirror Door

Richard M. Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Wed Apr 16 06:47:51 PDT 2003

Harold,

I had the same problem interfacing my G4-450 to EchoMac.  I found several
old Apple Macintosh microphones in the junk box and remembered to try the
one with the longer plug.  The Mic has a pre-amp that Apple powers from the
tip.  The old Mic works great and I have had excellent audio reports.

I don't know if your Mirror Door G4 has a Mic input so the Griffin iMic may
be the best solution.

When you launch EchoMac and you are validated, go to the EchoTest link
first. It is a pretty cool site that echos everything back to you for
setting microphone levels.  I feel sure your iMac will be great but you need
to play with it on line to before connecting to the nodes.  Be sure you are
using the latest version of EchoMac that is 1.1.  It has a connect to box
and ditched the old VOX that would get you in trouble.

73 de Dick, aa5vu
EchoMac User on the AB5N-R link