[G4] Jaguar questions

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Apr 19 22:44:26 PDT 2003

I can answer afew.
On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 01:09  AM, Todd Flashner wrote:

> Recently upgraded from OS 9.1
>
> Is there anyway to have Mail show read messages in a different font or
> color
> etc from unread messages? That little dot to the left isn't a bold
> enough
> indicator for my taste.
>
> Is it no longer possible to "label" items and then sort by label?
Gone

> How do I select several non-contiguous items in a list? Shift+Click
> selects
> all items in between, which is not what I want.
Command (apple key) click.

> Is it no longer necessary to allocate RAM to applications? I can't do it
> through Get Info. I see in Photoshop 7 I can it through its
> preferences, but
> what about for a program like Internet Explorer - I see no way.
Not necessary . Gone. Don't worry about it. I can't even find a way to
see how much ram I am consuming at any given time.

> When I drag items to the desktop they don't land where I place them.
> Similarly, I used to be able to Control+Click on the desktop and select
> New
> Folder to create a folder where I want it, but no more. Do I have
> something
> set wrong in system prefs or what?

That's  possible. mine seems to work. don't go by me on this one.
There quite a number of different prefs panels depending on what's
active.
There is all the stuff in syystem prefs, and regular prefs and view
options and window specific preferences and though the folder labeling
is gone you can make each window a different color.

> My IntelliPoint mouse doesn't scroll in Classic (it did in OS9) while it
> does in X. How can I get scroll back in Classic?
don't know
>  Raises the larger question
> of whether I need to disable extensions from my Classic OS. IOW, in
> classic,
> which OS's extensions and preferences are controlling peripherals?

Good question.
Jim