[G4] Jaguar questions

Steve O'Neill steveo at omsoft.com
Sat Apr 19 22:50:50 PDT 2003

Todd Flashner wrote:

> Is there anyway to have Mail show read messages in a different font or color
> etc from unread messages? That little dot to the left isn't a bold enough
> indicator for my taste.
>
> Is it no longer possible to "label" items and then sort by label?

I use Netscape 7.02, has all these features and more.  But for Mail, I
wish I could help you, sorry.

> How do I select several non-contiguous items in a list? Shift+Click selects
> all items in between, which is not what I want.

Pretzel-click.

> Is it no longer necessary to allocate RAM to applications? I can't do it
> through Get Info. I see in Photoshop 7 I can it through its preferences, but
> what about for a program like Internet Explorer - I see no way.

No, there's no need, as it's managed automatically.  The apps can
allocate as much or as little as they need.

> When I drag items to the desktop they don't land where I place them.

Maybe snap-to-grid is turned on?

> Similarly, I used to be able to Control+Click on the desktop and select New
> Folder to create a folder where I want it, but no more. Do I have something
> set wrong in system prefs or what?

No idea.  My Microsoft wheel mouse optical (best thing they make!) has
the right button set to control+click, and I use it mostly to make new
folders on the desktop, almost every day.