[G4] Jaguar - many apps fail to start - unexpected quit

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 21 13:25:24 PDT 2003

Hey,

Wow my DSL did the 85MB in about a half hour but after the updates are
used Software Update deletes them. Usually what I do is when you select
an important update I select download to desktop in the menu which
allows you to save it for a later date. Ya I always run permissions fix
after installations because there is a bug in MacOSX that slows down
internet traffic on the machine unless permissions are done. I don't
exactly know how but if I don't fix them my internet becomes horribly
slow and unusable. Plus it stops those annoying pop ups that always ask
"So and so wants to decrypt this or that on the keychain ___" and if
you want to allow it. Those bug me. Plus if you repair your MacOSX
volume under Mac OS9 with TechTool it screws up permissions and makes
the computer slow. Maybe it's just a problem I have but it can't hurt
right?

CJ