Best PDA recommendation

Jill jillriz at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 18:45:00 PDT 2003

Mel,

I didn't mean to down the Sony Clie; I am so excited
to finally have full functionality of mine! I can surf
the internet using the wireless network card, take
photos and video with the digital camera, and listen
to my itunes by downloading them to the memory stick.
I used a PC to install the included Documents to Go,
but found that I wanted to use formulas that the
software could not handle, so I bought the full
version.  (I can calculate student's grades
immediately, and it makes end of term so much easier.)
The isync feature is great, especially since I have
over 100 contacts in my book (students and businesses)
that I use regularly.

I could not imagine buying a different PDA (even the
over new NZ, a very masculine, bluetooth enabled
device).  The NX70v is everything I wished an ipod
was, and more.  I wanted to caution first-time buyers
as to the software issue.  This is my first PDA, and I
had no clue what I was doing wrong until I realized
that for the first month I had it, the drivers for MAC
weren't out for it yet.  This led to many hours of
cursing software and hardware issues - and some hours
of just cursing.  I think all the updated drivers are
on the sony and apple web pages, so I don't think that
it will be as hard for those who purchase the clie
now.  Maybe I shouldn't have started with such a
feature-packed PDA, but I'm pleased with my purchase.

Jill