[G4] A dial up modem that connects by way of ethernet

Alan Rowoth alan at mailbox.lpl.org
Tue Apr 22 17:49:07 PDT 2003

>Has anyone seen an dial up modem that hooks to a network via
>ethernet. I have a friend that has a Global Village Powerport modem
>that does this. It is not a PC card modem as you would expect with
>the Powerport name. I can find no reference to it nor received any
>help from Global Village.
>We are attempting to get it back on line after an upgrade to several
>machines to OSX.

Sounds like the Global Village One World Server. They haven't made
that product in several years and stopped supporting it long ago. We
have one on our network, but I think that the client software stopped
working after we upgraded our desktops to MacOS v.9.1. We do have at
least one machine here with an old OS on it that the user users to
fax from. I don't believe that anyone is still using it as a shared
modem. I'm sure that there are no current drivers for it and I doubt
that they sold enough of them for anyone to do a hack.

sorry,
Alan

Alan Rowoth  -  alan at mailbox.lpl.org  -   (315) 457-0310 x143