[G4] OK, I'll bite

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 29 14:55:18 PDT 2003

Go to AppleCare Knowledge Base Article ID: 58418, Power Mac G4: How
to Differentiate Between Models."

URL is http://docs.info.apple.com./article.html?artnum=58418 .

The Yikes (Model M7631) is a modified G3, has PCI graphics, and needs
a PCI card to decode DVD movies and kind of an orphan child. The
Sawtooth (Model M66921) has AGP graphics and will software decode DVD
movie with DVD Player. I have the next in the series, the Sawtooth
with AGP graphics and Gigabit Ethernet, modified with and additional
hard drive, PowerLogix PMG4-1000 MHz processor upgrade and a Radeo
8500. The is probably the most flexible of the early G4s and
preferred because of its ease of upgrade... and you don't have to
mess with digital audio and all the USB related problems.

Mike

--
Almost never pointless.