[G4] Sawtooth 350mhz Video upgrade: GeForce 4mx, or GeForce3 ?

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Tue Aug 5 16:48:30 PDT 2003

Ryan,
The fastest PCI video card that will run on a Mac is the ATI Radeon Mac
Edition. It is actually faster than the Radeon 7000 that came after it.
Unless you can run across some old stock somewhere, you would probably
have to find it on eBay. I have one in my Beige G3 and used the Quartz
Extreme hack to enable QE on the machine. It is a dramatic improvement
over the stock video and provided acceptable 3D performance within the
bounds of the Beige architecture. You would likely see better
performance in your Sawtooth than I have.
HTH,
Mel